Monday, March 26, 2012

Just What I Needed

Now, I'm not a fan of talking about the weather.

It's petty.

And pointless.

The weather is the weather. Deal with it.

That said, I have to talk about the weather to talk about where I want to go with this.

Last week, the weather got downright summer-like.

Temps in the 70's, and sunshine that is very much the light at the end of the tunnel after even the shortest of a winter here in the Northland.

It made all of us think spring had fast-forwarded and that summer was upon us.

There was grilling.

And shorts-wearing.

The number of pedicures skyrocketed.

Yard work was attacked with a joyful vengeance.

(There wasn't yard work at my house. If you thought that was possible, you're clearly drunk or new here.)

Since I was (am?) recovering from pneumonia, and Lee himself was ill and taking care of me, none of the above happened in our house.

(But especially not the yard work. Seriously.) <shudder>

One of those glorious days happened to be my first day back to work in a week.

As I settled in to my office, I was warmed to the bone by sunlight steaming through the windows.

And I had the place to myself.

So I did what any red-blooded girl would do in the same circumstances.

I picked a favorite Spotify playlist and turned it up.

I grabbed an enormous stack of mail and my letter opener, and headed to the meeting table next to the window.

And made myself a glass of iced tea.


Those were the best 15 minutes I've ever given myself.

All with just a hint of mint.


No comments:

Post a Comment