Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bonus Post! Tuesday With Sarah: The Iced Coffee and Cupcake Imperative

Tuesday morning dawned bright and early. 

Texts flew between the newly-returned-from-vacation Miss Sarah and I.  

It soon became obvious that iced coffee was the only thing that would cure ... well, morning. 

We made a date.

I set about getting things ready. 


 And then Sarah showed up with CUPCAKES! 

That's probably because she's a genius. 


There were red velvet. 


And these little lemon dreams. That topping is a meringue, and (MUCH to my delight) a rich, lemony goo inside. If I'd shot video, you would be able to hear angels singing. You'll just have to trust me.


The sky was beautiful. 


Sarah was, as always, knowledgeable. And funny. And real purty. (And a genius. Let's not forget that.) 


I didn't manage to be much more than messy, the evidence of which you'll find on my upper lip.


Those coffee ice cubes were perfect. You really should freeze whatever it is that makes your iced drink go 'round instead of using water cubes. You'll thank me, I promise.


Thanks for a wonderful morning, Sarah.

Your existence is proof God loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment