Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cock-A-Doodle-DO! / Tuesday, September 13

On this day, 38 years ago, my mother was at the Phoenix Zoo with my older sister, Julia, then six years-old.

According to family lore, Julia loved the monkey cages like no other.

That visit, like all the other zoo visits before, started with the primates.

It was there she noticed some rustling among the dirt, leaves and monkey doody.

"Mom! Mom! The monkey poop is moving!"

Now, I've never actually been given detail on the rest of this story, but the conclusion told never wavers: my mother and sister brought me home from the monkey cage that very day.

What's the point?

My sister is a dirty, filthy liar, (I hope), and ....

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

Since Sarah started the whole male chicken thing a few months ago, we joke and joke and joke about the presence of such things hanging on the side of my house.

'Ria took it one further.

Folks, meet Larry.


That's right.

I'm the proud owner of a giant cement cock.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go see if anyone will allow me to groom their fur.


No comments:

Post a Comment