Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Reaping What I Sow / Wednesday, October 26

Today is a big day. 

Today, I reap what I sowed.

Is that the proper tense to indicate previous sowage?

Last week, I got up early. 

Well, early for me.


And braved the cold.

(Wearing short sleeves and no coat, mind you.)

I'm from North Dakota.

This ain't cold.

And I saw some idiot, in 9am traffic, get pulled over.

I'm not saying they're an idiot for getting pulled over.

Hell, I get pulled over all the time.

They're an idiot for not putting on their blinker and going to the next parking lot or side street.


It is NEVER okay to endanger a police officer.

Don't be a dumb ass. 

Put on your blinker. 

Let them know you're complying. 

And get them the fuck out of traffic. 

Ahem.

Sorry. 

I am, after all, a cop's kid.

So back to what I done sowed. 

Sowed?

I really don't know.


Yup. 

That's right. 

I let them leave me.

As you can see, only their mother was excited to get away from my constant attention.


Well, Nolan might have been a little psyched. 


Clearly, Gavin was heartbroken.

And the little, little one?

Yeah.

I never got a so much as a crack of a grin out of that kid.


He knew it would be seven whole days and was as heartbroken as I was.

BUT ....

I get to pick them up this morning.

I'm not sure who to hug first.

Or if I should maybe just take the baby and run like hell.

One thing is for sure, though.

I will not be taking my camera.

We need both arms to hug, you know.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the airport to make a claim.


No comments:

Post a Comment